6 January 2003 – 12 May 2007
HR Adviser | Lead on Employee Relations and Recruitment | National Probation Service | Thames Valley
Counselling placement – HMP Springhill, Grendon Underwood
Counselling various clients including those serving life – resettlement and rehabilitation back into the community.
Working through a number of complex issues including extreme loss, in many cases there was a massive family loss where since the offence there had been no contact and the offender felt completely cut off.
Issues in families where they lost the family home due to the financial impact on the family or where again family had cut off connections with the offender.
Family break ups and impact on the offender not being able to see his children or have any contact at all often when they themselves had grown up with absent parents or were brought up in the care system.
Loss and bereavement and unresolved loss and little victim empathy. Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) including witnessing domestic violence, lost childhood years, trauma impact from relentless bullying in school.
Many of these clients struggled with suicidal thoughts and some attempted to take their own lives. A number of clients used to self-harm.
However, positively many clients went on to achieve great things and one of them went on to work for Raymond Blanc.
12 May 2007– Present
Safety Link Worker | Programmes Team | CRC Thames Valley (MTC Novo)
Supporting women victims of domestic abuse providing safety planning, risk management, child protection support and working closely in a multi-agency environment.
- Domestic Abuse Trainer
- Domestic Abuse Champion - Bucks
Programme Facilitator for various programmes:
- HEAL – Women’s Trauma Intervention
- Thinking Ahead for Women
- Thinking Skills
- Making Amends – RJ
- Beliefs, Identity and Resilience
- Positive Relationships
August 2013 – March 2018
Director | The Strategy CIC (Crisis Intervention & Prevention)
Supporting clients, many prolific offenders with complex needs including homelessness, mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, housing issues and various health issues.
Providing counselling to many complex needs clients with funding provided by the Office of the Police & Crime Commission
Counsellor | Bucks Counselling
Providing therapy to many clients (female and male) impacted by childhood and adulthood trauma (see below)
December 2017 - Present
Counsellor | Victims First Specialist Counselling Services | Office of the Police & Crime Commission
Providing therapy to many clients (female and male) impacted by trauma including and not limited to:
- PTSD and CPTSD
- Domestic abuse
- Children – impacted by witnessing domestic abuse
- ACEs – adverse childhood experiences
- Local authority child protection cases
- Separation and divorce
- Historical child sexual abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Gas lighting
- Stalking and harassment
- Narcissistic abuse
- Mental health issues, anxiety, depression, DID
- Road traffic accidents
- Substance misuse
- Abandonment issues
- Eating disorders
- Advance loss and bereavement
- December 2014 – Invitation to the Houses of Parliament – Feeding Britain UK – Britain against Poverty Campaign, Andrew Forsay MP
- MTC Novo Star Award – Innovation – for setting up, motivating and supporting women to voluntarily complete the HEAL programme with 100% completion - 2017
- MTC Star Award – April 2019
- MTC’s Transforming Lives Annual Awards Nomination – December 2019
- MTC’s Transforming Lives Values Award Nomination – December 2019
Recently successfully piloted ‘SAFE’ a women’s programme developed by myself and a DV Champion colleague with 100% completion – based around coercive control and cycle of abuse and impact this has on women across society. Empowering these women to make positive changes to safeguard themselves and their children in the future – we are looking to roll this out across Thames Valley and beyond.
- Brenchwood School, High Wycombe
- Aylesbury College – typing and shorthand
- Bucks College – HNC Business & Finance
- Thames Valley University – CIPD – Certificate in Personnel & Development
- Amersham & Wycombe College – ABC Level 4 Diploma in Person Centred Counselling